Total Art Soul - for artists

" People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it "
George Bernard Shaw
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

what catches your eye?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: what catches your eye?
what catches your eye? 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Not a photographer as such but we do take a lot of photographs for other artwork purposes- was wondering how and why you choose your subject matter? Are you like us and carry your camera everywhere to catch things on the fly or do you plan your shoots in advance, so you get the perfect light and so on? Do you edit them afterwards ?

Have attached a snap that amused us, of a face in a tree we used to pass walking when we stayed in France
gringrimaceandsqueak
gringrimaceandsqueak
www.etsy.com/shop/DrawingInDark
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:what catches your eye? 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Whenever I see something unique I usually take a picture of it. I also enjoy photographing animals and flowers. Many of my photos are macro works. I use my photos as reference to many of my drawings. That way my cat will sit still!

Here's one of my favorite flower photos:
Sketch Pad
Sketch Pad
www.ezsketchpad.blogspot.com
graphgraph
Check out my art blog! ezsketchpad.blogspot.com/

Although I photograph in all sorts of weather, it has to be the light that attracts me.

I have taken pictures of the same trees over and over but if there is no light play then there is no excitement in the photograph. Having said that fog and mist can give some interesting results.

The subject can be anything for me from a conker to a mighty oak, I am told that I have the eye but I really have no idea what that means.
Blu
Blu
blucamels.blogspot.com
graphgraph
The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration. ~ Claude Monet

Re: what catches your eye? 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Blu, I can see that light fascinates you in your paintings, particularly those of the trees. The later ones you've done are showing more and more interesting light.

The thing that interests me most is how nature constructs things. I've become so obsessed that when I look at a flower or anything, all I can think about is what material would be best suited in mimmicing it's construction. For me the things that catch my eye the most are the tiny details of nature. I tend to walk with my head to the ground most of the time whilst others enjoy the views!
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

I am currently setting myself a photographic project each week, weather permitting! One week I chose negative space as a topic and I found that really interesting too. In the forest I stop and gaze upwards and look at the shapes in the canopy, sometimes I see hearts and faces.

Not to mention clouds that look like France LOL
Blu
Blu
blucamels.blogspot.com
graphgraph
The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration. ~ Claude Monet

Haha! You need to see someone about that. You and gringrimaceandsqueak! They see demons! lol
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.