Total Art Soul - for artists

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art "
Albert Einstein
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Photographing Jewellery
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Photographing Jewellery
Re:Photographing Jewellery 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Like most people I've had problems over the years when photographing jewellery. I have several cameras..from SLRs to popular sureshots. Have to say my current favourite is my Sony Cybershot T900!!
I did buy bits and pieces to make a lightbox but haven't got around to making one.
My pictures are always taken on macro and I'm not averse to using flash. I tend to like a lot of my pieces to 'tell a story' so I use backgrounds and frames.
I do like good lighting and have found that , apart from daylight. I get my best results under the kitchen cupboard downlighters!!
I like Irina's beautiful clear pictures and aim for that with Swarovski crystal pieces. Best tip here...give them a good polish...nothing worse than looking at your gorgeous macro pictures to see fingerprints clear enough to make a CSI proud!!!

Pat
shooglybeads
shooglybeads
www.etsy.com/shop/ShooglyBeads
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Photographing Jewellery 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Because this seems to be a subject that a lot of people ask about, we have written a Photography Tutorial with a large section for Jewelers. It was collaborated with brookephoto who is a professional product photographer and a couple of other members here. It shows how to make light boxes cheaply, how to tell soft and hard lighting and much more. It's explained clearly with lots of images by way of illustration.

You can find it here on the site
www.totalartsoul.com/vmart/shop.product_...2/flypage.tpl/6.html
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Go to topPage: 12345
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.