Total Art Soul - for artists

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art "
Albert Einstein
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Come on in :)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Come on in :)
Come on in :) 5 Years, 1 Month ago  
It's been a while since we had a new waffle thread in here so thought I'd start

Am guessing everyone has been very busy over Christmas and new year - I know I've been up to my elbows in the new modelled shots and revamping our website. Things are coming on nicely though, sales are on the up and I just sent my first large scale drawing overseas, to Brooklyn which was both happy making and nerve wracking

What's everyone else been up to?
gringrimaceandsqueak
gringrimaceandsqueak
www.etsy.com/shop/DrawingInDark
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Come on in :) 5 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi grinnie! *waves furiously* Lovely to see you here. Do hope you're OK and life is going well for you.

Great news about your drawing but then I'm not surprised and I'm sure it's just the beginning. Your artwork is totally awesome.

We're enduring very low temperatures -18C at the moment which is proving quite tough. Not much time for art at the moment and in any event, the studio is so cold, the water has frozen in the toilet!

Have loads of new ideas though. I want to pack away ALL my paintings and start again. I need to remove the shackles of my old train of thought and rethink all of what I have been doing. I'm excited to start.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re:Come on in :) 5 Years, 1 Month ago  
*waves back like a loon*

Not quite that cold here- we're getting down to about -5 but with only night storage heaters have abandoned my upstairs drawing space and am camped out in the lounge with computer and sketchbook!

I'm having a major clearout of old work, being good and selling it as opposed to just setting fire to it Working on a new project with a friend on Etsy which is probably going to take about a year to complete, other than that it's preparing for the move to Whitby
gringrimaceandsqueak
gringrimaceandsqueak
graphgraph

Your collaborative project sounds intriguing. Tell me more. Would love to do something like that, I think it's so much easier to get motivated when you're working with someone else.

We're also camped in front of the log fire. Apparently it's going to get even cold her in the next coming weeks. We've almost run out of wood too so I do hope we can find someone who still has some for us.

When do you think you'll move? x
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Am reworking mythological creatures from the british isles, doing it as a scientific paper which is hilarious, I am of course doing the anatomical illustrations, leaving the taxonomy to my partner in crime I'd been wanting to deal with such things as merfolk for ages, after years of shouting at the computer/ tv that such a thing just wouldn't work and explaining all the reasons why, lol. Time somebody sorted it out

Hope you manage to find some wood, is that your only source of heating?

I'm due to move at the end of March all being well so will be in Whitby in time for the first goth weekend. That one will be spent swanning around in costume with a bagful of business cards- hoping to have a stall at the October one.
gringrimaceandsqueak
gringrimaceandsqueak
graphgraph

Wow, you both sound like you are getting all the winter weather. We are having an unusually warm winter. It is sunny and in the 40`s today. My basement studio is still not finished or heated, though.It sort of got put on hold when I had the surgery. I am using my dining room to paint. My last completed painting was a mouontain scene, done from a photo I took several years ago when we were in Colorado. RIght now, I am working on a Upper Michigan scene. I have done several paintings from scenes around the Newberry area, where there are wonderful waterfalls. The one I am working on now is not an actual waterfall, but the rushing water around the bend from the falls. It has been a challenge, and I am ready to do something easy, but instead I am planning on working on portraits of my grandkids, probably in chalk, and I will have no shortage of subjects-10 grandkids, 1 great grandson, one great granddaughter due to arrive in mid May. So that is what I am up to.
sandpiperrose
sandpiperrose
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.