Total Art Soul - for artists

" You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. "
C. S. Lewis
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Tea Break
Tea Break 5 Years, 11 Months ago  
Well as I am sitting here with a cuppa ~ I thought I would start a chatty thread to see what everyone is up to?
So do pull up a chair and chip right in.
As I said in a post above, I haven't been around for ages. With the imminent loss of my job, I decided to take on commissions. I have been lucky enough to receive a few but combined with full time work, they have kept me really busy! They can also be a bit daunting at times I confess but, I seem to be getting easier with that.
Now I seem to have two distinct strains of work, pet portrait commissions and the stuff I do from choice which is usually wildlife subjects.
I was lucky enough to get myself on a course called "A New You" recently which was rather thought provoking. For the first time in ages I really did try some different things Eco Chic, Tea Bag Folding and even bird box making! It was rather inspiring and did prompted me to pull out some jewellery making supplies for the first time in ages...however, time constraints are still pulling my strings until next month. I have been looking at some gorgeous jewellry in the gallery though.
The recent weather has stopped play with my camera so I am looking forward to Spring. The snowdrop walks have started much to my delight, I love to see the first flowers after the winter. I am a child of the sun and really don't like dark nights.
Meanwhile, my next challenge is to complete an artists statement that doesn't sound pretentious, encompasses what I do and has a touch of humour somewhere....needless to say, it is all in my head as yet
So do tell, what has everyone been up to? Oh, and if you haven't previously spoken to me before, don't let that stop you please
ChrissyMarie
ChrissyMarie
chrissymaries.blogspot.com
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tea Break 5 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hi ChrissyMarie, Last summer I was back in hospital again, and that took away a great deal of my creative time, before during and after.
I am hoping that my health with be good this year and that I can be creative again. I have painted a few watercolours and one acrylic piece during January this year. I still find that my photography gives me ideas to start pieces of art, although I still find inspiration both locally and on the Internet.

Like you have I found that the current weather insn't very inspiring! A very grey day here in Bretagne France! Although I did take a few nice shots in the snow the other week.
Blu
Blu
blucamels.blogspot.com
graphgraph
The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration. ~ Claude Monet

I've been quite busy lately trying to finish off custom orders I've had in since before christmas! Its a frustrating thing ceramics sometimes when you think you've nailed something you have to do it again.

Bubbling glazes, warped plates, cracks all problems in the process of making! Its the challenge which I think I enjoy most of all.

Spring colours have started to come into the shop more recently I'm leaving the darker winter colours behind and reaching more for the pale yellows and whites.
littlewrenpottery
littlewrenpottery
www.littlewrenpottery.co.uk
graphgraph

Hi littlewrenpottery, I had not considered the seasons affecting the potter but I guess that it is what your clients are looking for and not what is pressing your buttons?

I guess people who make clothing take this for granted!
Blu
Blu
blucamels.blogspot.com
graphgraph
The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration. ~ Claude Monet

My Pinterest Boards ~ I only pin a few each week

pinterest.com/blucamels/
Blu
Blu
blucamels.blogspot.com
graphgraph

Blu, I am sorry to hear you have been poorly. I very much hope you have a better year for 2012.
I will check out your board for sure....I have resisted but only because of time contraints.
Little Wren, it is often difficult to appreciate the seasonal changes in different arts. I suppose it stands to reason really. I look forward to seeing your Spring colours
ChrissyMarie
ChrissyMarie
chrissymaries.blogspot.com
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.