Total Art Soul - for artists

" Not all who wander are lost. "
J. R. R. Tolkien
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How tired is too tired to paint? lol
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: How tired is too tired to paint? lol
How tired is too tired to paint? lol 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
This afternoon, I finished up my Lake Michigan Freighter painting. and decided to start a new painting instead of putting the paints away for the day. I found a wonderful photo I had taken when we were in Colorado several years ago. The scenery out there is just gorgeous, and I had taken hundreds of pictures. I have been working mostly on water paintings lately, so I thought it would be good to do a mountain one. I had the sky in and part of the mountains, and went to clean my brush in my turp, and got the cup of coffee next to it instead. That should have been my clue that 6 hours of steady painting was past my limit. I ignored the obvious warning and kept going. I had alizerin next to my white, and of course got my brush into that when I went to get the white, and didn`t notice it until it was on my painting. A big blob of beautiful crimson in my daytime sky. Cleaned that up and then noticed that I had made a background mountain higher than the forground one. So back to fixing mistakes. At that point, I did take the hint that maybe I was done for today. I can`t ever remember getting my paintbrush into my coffee before. Has anyone else ever done anything like that? Or am I a one of a kind? lol
sandpiperrose
sandpiperrose
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How tired is too tired to paint? lol 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Haha! I'm always doing that! But I'm just clumsy and absent-minded. Can't wait to see the painting. It's bound to be amazing like all your work.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re:How tired is too tired to paint? lol 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Thanks, Cathy, I am so relieved that I am not the only one who does stuff like that. Years ago, when I was taking tole painting classes with my friend Bea, I could not get any piece to completion without getting a paint colored thumbprint on it. Last night reminded me of that. I know what was wrong back then,I did not like tole painting, it is just too confining, but I needed to learn how to control the paint, and that helped. Bea used Priscilla Houser how to books for her classes, and I didn`t like tracing things to paint them.
My painting survived my clutzyness last night, I may work on it later today. I hope I can do the picture justice. It`s a nice scene-sort of high in the Rockies.
sandpiperrose
sandpiperrose
graphgraph

Thank goodness you were able to save it. At least you didn't have a total disaster.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Ha! I have done that too.. Sometimes I get in some kind of trance.
One time I dipped it into the margarita, but I think it was the margarita's fault
TatumRevamped
TatumRevamped
revampedart.com
graphgraph

Re:How tired is too tired to paint? lol 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
So, did it improve the taste? lol
I was too chicken to sample the coffee after the paint brush.
sandpiperrose
sandpiperrose
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.