Total Art Soul - for artists

" I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you "
(unknown)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

unable to upload pic for blog
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: unable to upload pic for blog
unable to upload pic for blog 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
hi, i am unable to upload a photo for my blog. i click on images & documents but then the "browse" button (which is in a darkened rectangle) doesn't do anything, under the "browse" is an icon of a folder with a green arrow. neither the "browse" nor the folder takes me into my pc to see my files & select my picture.
any ideas as to what is happening?

Ok hours later.... i see next to the "browse" rectangle, is "upload", so i click "upload" Then another Browse, where i get my file, then another "upload" and for a few seconds it appears that it is uploading.... but then NOTHING!
i also cant make my post via copy & paste. i can get it it there, but i can't do ANYTHING to it except use the "backspace" to erase
and when it tried to save it it went blank.
i redid everything more than once, opening & closing the page att to no avail.

so after 4 hours here i have accomplised nothing. my pc is very sluggish at this site... sigh i guess it was not meant to be.
Diane inVT
Diane inVT
www.theExpressivePalette.etsy.com
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/02/24 20:29 By Diane inVT.Reason: to update the situation
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Blessings to you!

Re:unable to upload pic for blog 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
Hi Dianne

Sorry for the delay answering your post. The issues you describe are normally related to the type of browser being used, Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) is one of the worst culprits! For some reason, IE8 will only work in 'Compatibility Mode' on a lot of sites, and even then, not always.

Other reasons for these problems can be how your computer is set up, whether it is up to date with components/software like Java, and even the type of anti-virus software you are using, and the way it is configured. Some anti-virus software is very invasive, for example, things like 'link checker' settings can have a significant affect on how your browser works.

Anyway, we only use Firefox for general work/surfing, but I always test our sites with all the major browsers, IE8, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera and Seamonkey. Generally, when I get messages relating to site issues, they are mostly caused by IE8, Safari and Google Chrome (which is actually Safari with a different name).

As a test, if you could try a different browser to see what happens would be the first step I would take, if that doesn't help, let me know!

Regards, Joe
joe
joe
www.birodesign.com
Admin
graphgraph

Re:unable to upload pic for blog 2 Years, 4 Months ago  
I'm having the same problem with making a blog and uploading photos, ive tried everything, any advice would be very much appreciated.Regards Gillipy
gillipy
gillipy
graphgraph

I just found this thread but I find that the easiest way is to write the whole post elsewhere with pictures and copy/paste the whole post into the blog box.

This is a quick and easy fix that works perfectly in IE

Hope that helps

Thankyou for your reply, I think its a browser problem because I've tried to copy and paste with pictures but that did not work I have even downloaded google chrome but that was not working either I could not sign into Totalartsoul what so ever ... very confused on what is the best browser to use .
Regards Gillipy.
gillipy
gillipy
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/04/16 21:34 By gillipy.

Firefox is usually a good fix for all that ails IE I switch between the two of them which usually means that if there is a problem in one it is ok in the other. This goes for all sorts of sites not just TAS.

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog