Total Art Soul - for artists

" Everything you can imagine is real "
Pablo Picasso
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

More blogging problems
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: More blogging problems
More blogging problems 4 Years, 2 Months ago  
I have just been trying to add a blog entry and it's just not working for me. I've been away for about a week. The blogging format seems to have changed since the last time I did an entry.
It won't let me copy and paste and when I try to insert a link it says 'restricted area'.
After a few tries I gave up and deleted my post.
I love the blog feature here when it works for me because it really gets a lot of views but I just seem to have trouble with it all the time and I don't know what to do and I just don't have the time to keep retrying it over and over. Is it my browser or computer? I really want it to work for me.
Thanks
Morgen
inkyspider
inkyspider
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: More blogging problems 4 Years, 2 Months ago  
Also, the site is super super slow today so I will come back later and see if there are any replies, thank-you.
inkyspider
inkyspider
graphgraph

Re: More blogging problems 4 Years, 2 Months ago  
Sorry to hear this Morgen. We have not changed anything. In order for us to be able to help you, we need to know exactly what you're doing.

When you say copy and paste,where are you copying from and pasting to?

Your browser should not have any affect, the site is designed to work with them all.

We've not had any other reports of problems other than with the preview on the forum due to a php problem on the server.

It may be easier for you to contact Joe by email if the site is being slow. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it He can then try and help you.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
Admin
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re:More blogging problems 4 Years, 2 Months ago  
Thank-you so much for your reply - I really appreciate it - I don't mean to be a pain.
So, I came back and had another go and here it is:
www.totalartsoul.com/members-blog/embracing-slow-clothes.html
What I'm having trouble with is creating a link. When I highlight what I want to have linked and then click on the edit/create link form the menu above it gives me a little box which says: " "Restricted access".
Also, I was trying to copy an article from my other blog and paste it in this blog. It would'nt let me at first but now it did, so who knows.

PS.I know that copying an article is not altogether kosher but it is my article and one I really thought would be well suited and interesting to TAS community. (I hope that's okay).
inkyspider
inkyspider
graphgraph

I'm glad it worked. I'm a bit confused with your edit/create link. There is a insert/edit link button which is on the bottom line of the icons and shows as a little chain link.

I should apologize because Joe did actually change the editor. Someone asked to be able to change the color of the text. It meant that certain things changed back to their default settings and Joe did not spot it because as super administrators, it would not show up. He has now sorted this out so I hope you won't have this problem again.

Having duplicate content is only a problem with Google ranking. When the Google bot picks up a duplicate article, it disregards the one from the less busy site. This can be detrimental to your site. The best thing to avoid this is just to add a little paragraph or change a few words as this confuses the bot.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
Admin
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Hi Cathy:)
Yes, that's the button I meant - edit/insert - it gives me the "restricted access" message.
I noticed the change in colour and that's what got me thinking it had been changed to a different format.
The article is from 2008 when I first started my blog and did'nt get a lot of views so I wanted to give it another chance at being read. I did change a few things in the text but don't mind if Google chooses this one over the other version.
Thanks Cathy.
inkyspider
inkyspider
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog