Total Art Soul - for artists

" People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it "
George Bernard Shaw
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Forum Use
Forum Use 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
I am wondering how to use the forum when posting pics to the gallery. I read that I need to use the forum, and I don't want to be a hit and run, but I don't know what to say or do after loading a picture. I found what I had loaded yesterday was taken off, think due to fact I had my name in them. That was from advice given me long ago. But am trying hard to navigate here and obey the rules set up. Any advise is appreciated
letamarie1979
letamarie1979
www.artfire.com/users/letamariedesigns
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Forum Use 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi and welcome to TAS! Not sure what you mean by not knowing what to say after uploading an image. The forum is used like any other in that it's a place to interact with other members and hopefully also a place where you can get help and advice if you should need it on any creative subject.

The name on your images was just too big. We are happy for people to have a watermark as we appreciate people want to protect their images but we ask that these be kept discreet and not be a url to a website (we know yours was not a url).

Each site will work slightly different but here on TAS we don't want viewers to feel that they are looking at adverts and is why we're pretty strict about not having sales pitches in descriptions and/or urls on images etc.

We are about to launch a selling section for those members that want it. This will have it's own set of rules and people who wish to use sales pitches and sell their products will be able to do so from this section. All being well, we will launch this on 1st Jan.

So in general, you can upload images to the gallery and/or use the forum but not necessarily at the same time. This is a community site and we hope that we can all learn from or be inspired by each other.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
Admin
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re: Forum Use 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
Thank You Cathy, that was what I was a bit confused about. I thought that I needed to say something in forums when I uploaded a picture. And I am just as happy not to watermark. I am sure if someone really wanted to copy, they will anyway. I am actually happy that you have this in place as there are sooo many other places on the internet to say where to purchase our items.

I hope I can contribute something, even if its a tutorial I have found. I myself have still so much to learn! And it has been inspiring seeing all the talent here. I know I have other questions and will go to the proper place to ask. Leta
letamarie1979
letamarie1979
graphgraph

Re:Forum Use 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
*waves at letamarie*

You'll get the hang of it - looking forward to seeing you around the forum
gringrimaceandsqueak
gringrimaceandsqueak
www.etsy.com/shop/DrawingInDark
graphgraph

Re:Forum Use 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
Thank You gringrimaceandsqueak I try to get around all that I belong to on the internet and see what is going on. I may not be able to contribute much, but am glad I am here.
letamarie1979
letamarie1979
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog