Total Art Soul - for artists

" Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement. "
C. S. Lewis
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Where Women (and Men) Create
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234...25
TOPIC: Where Women (and Men) Create
Where Women (and Men) Create 8 Years, 1 Month ago  
Just wondering....who actually has a studio for their creations? Whether it be painting, jewelry making, sewing, crafting.....do you have your own special place to work?

I would LOVE to have room for a studio. I live in a small 2 bedroom home. My dining room is my "office". I have my sewing machine, cutting table (which is the dining room table), fabric stashes, computer, printer, and shipping supplies all crammed into this room.

I have a small breakfast nook in my kitchen and this is where all of my painting supplies are kept in drawers and on shelves. I do all of my painting in the kitchen. I'm lucky enough to have a large kitchen and it overlooks my backyard. I can sit and paint, watch tv or just enjoy the birds in the backyard. My kiln is in the garage, which is not attached to the house, but just a few steps out the back door.

I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have a large studio where I can do all of my projects in one place! Would love to hear what everyone else does.
Marilyn
Marilyn
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Casual Cottage Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana Birthday: 12/11
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Marilyn
Marilyn Kelley Art

Re:Where Women (and Men) Create 8 Years, 1 Month ago  
wow - you're doing quite a bit in a small space! way to be creative! i imagine it might be a little stressful at times to be all spread out.

I've had a wonderful little space that i've thoroughly enjoyed, but now i'm moving and leaving it behind. i'm expecting to have some new space wherever i end up, and it's something we scout out in every new house we look at! i actually blogged about my move and had some photos - here's where i've been
Variya
Variya
www.variyajewelry.blogspot.com
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/06/02 13:02 By Variya.

This is a great thread! Thanks marilyn.

When Joe and I first thought of this doing this site, we had the idea that people could upload their videos to show themselves working and how cool that would be. Well, the video element took a little while but we hope people will show us clips of themselves working.

Meanwhile, this is fabulous!

I only have an image of my studio a year ago when I was working in our guest bedroom. As the house improved, I've had to move around but now I'm permanently in the attic. It's not perfect, freezing in winter but it's a big space which is great. I'll have to take some photos, glamorous it is not!
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Last Edit: 2010/06/02 21:01 By Cathy.
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

I guess we make do with what we have, don't we? I'll try a take some pics today. I actually do have a second bedroom that I could have used for a studio, but it seems like it's always in use with one of my grandkids!
Marilyn
Marilyn
graphgraph
Gender: Female Casual Cottage Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana Birthday: 12/11
Marilyn
Marilyn Kelley Art

One of my cousins who also paints is short on space too. She created a spare bedroom but it has a corner with her easel and a cupboard with her paints etc, right under the roof light. That way the bedroom can still be used but she also has her own space.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

I am lucky enough to have my own room now. My hubby got so sick and tired of beads/ wire etc lying around the house that he insisted I should use the extra room for my creations.

He calls it my chaos forge

I just got back from holidays, so the room is a mess. Will try and take some pics tomorrow or the day after.
tangentine
tangentine
www.tangentine-craft.com
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234...25
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.