Total Art Soul - for artists

" You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. "
C. S. Lewis
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Collections and Treasuries threads closed?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Collections and Treasuries threads closed?
Collections and Treasuries threads closed? 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
I noticed that the "Artfire Collections" and "Etsy Treasuries" threads were both closed today without explanation. Admin had participated in both, and I'm pretty sure the threads weren't breaking any rules, so I'm wondering... why were they closed?
Eirewolf
Eirewolf
eirewolf.artfire.com
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. -- Henry Ward Beecher
www.EirewolfCreations.com

Re: Collections and Treasuries threads closed? 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
As TAS has taken a different direction with the shop section, we feel we should concentrate on this site only. Those threads were started when the site was entirely free. We are revising what TAS is about and this means making certain changes. We feel this will benefit our membership and those people who are subscribing to the shop section.

We decided it was better to close the thread rather than totally delete it. As the Treasuries and Collections do not expire, we felt it made more sense.

We will be writing to everyone to advise of further changes as and when they take place.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Last Edit: 2011/02/14 21:53 By Cathy.
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Hmm. I kinda' thought it might have something to do with the new TAS shop section. Well it's your site; of course you can do what you want. I have to say, though, that I am disappointed. I'm not paying to be here though, so…. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

I don't mean to whinge; like I said, I don't pay to be here. I'm just saying… It feels like you're closing a door that used to be open, and I feel a bit disillusioned.
Eirewolf
Eirewolf
eirewolf.artfire.com
graphgraph
Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. -- Henry Ward Beecher
www.EirewolfCreations.com

I know that not all our decisions will be popular for everyone but we need to think what is best for the site in the long run. If we want to sustain this site, we need to focus all traffic here and not to other sites.

We still promote everyone active on the site, whether they have a free account or not. We are also in the process of adding everyone to the twitter feed so that anyone who adds #TAS to tweet about their content on TAS, will get retweeted.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

Re:Collections and Treasuries threads closed? 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
I can fully understand why threads potentially advertising other shop sites might be closed. This happens on other sites for obvious reasons. I don't have an Art Soul Shop as I didn't join to sell or overtly indicate where I might sell. I joined because it is a beatifully curated site with a diverse range of arts all beautifully photographed...a feast for the eyes if you like...I do hope that aspect isn't going to change!!

Pat
shooglybeads
shooglybeads
www.etsy.com/shop/ShooglyBeads
graphgraph

Re:Collections and Treasuries threads closed? 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Thanks Pat, I appreciate your comments. TAS is evolving all the time and we will need to make certain changes along the way at some points.

Saying that, one thing we do not want to change and that is having the diversity of talent, beautiful photos and highly creative work. We set this up to nurture creativity and I hope we can maintain this throughout our journey with TAS.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.