Total Art Soul - for artists

" Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. "
Pablo Picasso
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: ACEO's
Re:ACEO's 4 Years ago  
Hi Gina,

I enjoyed your blog! I love the clay with the fabric heart in it (even with the crack ) And you really got me with those tea quilt postcards!!! I'm a total tea fanatic... in fact, I'm a reviewer on "The Tea Review Blog"!

Oh... but your mugs!!!! Oh my... I'm ready to throw out my whole cabinet and fill it with your mugs!!! I'm heading of to visit your Etsy and 1KM stores - thought I'd have some fun window shopping. You are very talented!!!

Thanks for the comment about the Lemon-Lime ACEO. It's interesting you say that, because I'd never thought of doing that before! But it was a challenge for a watercolor group I'm in and we were all posting our paintings, with our 3-4 color swatches and the mixes we made... so on a whim I included that in the listing. Maybe I'll do that more often

~Melanie
TheCreatorsPalette
TheCreatorsPalette
thecreatorspalette.etsy.com
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
\\\\\\\"Some people complain that God put thorns on roses. Others thank him for putting roses on thorns\\\\\\\" ~unknown

Thank you Melanie!

I just had a look at The Tea Review blog ...what a fun site! I just read about African Rooibos, which I had not heard of before this week, when my husband brought me a selection of teas back from a trip.

I also found your Your Tube video - beautiful! And how cool that you and your son worked together on it - his music is great! I think it is appropriate to post your link here as you have some of your ACEO's there .... http://www.youtube.com/user/thecreatorspalette
claynfiber
claynfiber
ginaskillings.com/
graphgraph

Here's one of my ACEOs, (I just found my images on a disc, thought I'd lost them)

Moving on from ACEOs I also found OSWOA's to be quite fun to do. Standing for 'Original Small Works Of Art', they have to be 6 x 4 inches (and be original) I found that they allowed a bit more scope for creating a good composition, slightly less restricting than the 2.5 x 3.5 ACEOs. I found these attracted fewer bids but higher prices than the ACEOs when I was selling them on Ebay.
MightyFineArt
MightyFineArt
www.mightyfineart.co.uk
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/04/02 10:41 By MightyFineArt.
If you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

www.mightyfineart.co.uk

Hehe! That's such fun. So much work in it though. If you can only sell it for $12 which seems to be the going rate, then it's really not worth it in my opinion. Maybe the OSWOA's may be more interesting.

I have never been able to sell on ebay, I could never understand how to work things there and my things never got looked at. It was a while back now, maybe I should give it another try. Is it any good as a venue for selling art?
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
Admin
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Fun ACEO MightyFine! I didn't know that postcard sized works are called OSWOA's. Many fiber artists create that size for actual postcards and they are simply referred to as quilted postcards although many are not for posting but instead are small art quilts. Is the term normally reserved for fine art works?
claynfiber
claynfiber
ginaskillings.com/
graphgraph

Oh dear... oh dear... I don't want to bring up controversy here.

I'd better move onto a new forum topic in painting...

OSWOA is not a term that is often searched for. It too was something someone on eBay tried. But they also tried to "trademark" the term and the size of art! Postcard sized art has been around forever. You can't trademark it. And do you as an artist really want to put your art under the control of someone who trademarked a "term" ? I want to keep control of my artwork.

So I call it 4x6 or postcard art. Enough said. I'm sorry if I offend anyone with these statements. I really really don't want to argue - want comradeship and mutual support here!

BTW - "MightyFineArt" - I love your dog ACEO! Great work!
TheCreatorsPalette
TheCreatorsPalette
thecreatorspalette.etsy.com
graphgraph
\\\\\\\"Some people complain that God put thorns on roses. Others thank him for putting roses on thorns\\\\\\\" ~unknown

Go to topPage: 12345
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog