Total Art Soul - for artists

" Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. "
Pablo Picasso
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Latest pencil WIP of a cat
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Latest pencil WIP of a cat
Re:Latest pencil WIP of a cat 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Amazing detail!
rochepapierciseaux
rochepapierciseaux
www.colettescollagepapers.com
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Latest pencil WIP of a cat 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
Let's hope these posts stir up some action!
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re: Latest pencil WIP of a cat 6 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi guys, it's been a long, long time since I was here last but due to a hectic work schedule I just haven't been around on the interweb thingy all that much in the last several months.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who commented on the progress of this damn cat drawing.

I finally "finished" it. I say "finished" with inverted commas because I'm not too happy with the end result. Well the background specifically. I didn't plan the composition too well and ended up making the background up as I went along. Also, I only started to continue with this drawing 2 weks ago after a very, very long break. I had to rush through a little in order to get it ready for a small exhibition today. I let myself down by rushing it though because now I'm just not happy with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm really proud of the face, front paws and the log that the cat is on, but the rest of the drawing just isn't up to my personal high standards but I guess we learn from our mistakes and hopefully I won't make the same again. I wish I'd just drawn the cat and the log that it is on and maybe done a bokeh effect/highly blurred background instead of the mess that I put there instead.

As always, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Apologies in advance for the quality of the scan. I wish I could take decent photos of my drawings but they always look worse than the scans.

Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
dezkenob1.deviantart.com
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.