Key Fob French Style
Living in France means that I get to find all kinds of lovely old objects. Old keys seem to be everywhere here and I've never really known what to do with them until now. Photocopying them seemed to work well and from this, you can use the image to découpage just about anything.
- old bits of wood (the more weathered, the better)
- PVA glue (Hodge Podge)
- string or ribbon
- brass eyelets (optional)
- printed images of old keys (see templates below)
1. Print off your key images in black and white. (sepia would look good too) and cut them out carefully.
2. Cut your key fobs from your old wood whichever size you want. Mine are 10cms x 6cms. I've cut mine with a point at one end but you could just cut rectangles.
3. Drill a small hole at one end for your string or ribbon to fit through. I have added brass eyelets but this is not strictly necessary.
4. Glue your key images onto your key fobs and leave to dry.
5. Varnish with at least 2 layers of varnish, 3 is better.
That's it! You're done! Now you have some great unique gifts.
Print these off if you don't have your own old keys to photocopy.